Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Monday, September 26, 2011

Les Scènes du Week-End {24}

My parents have been here in France for a few days now.
Hooray!

We spent the weekend in Pommiers
the beautiful village in the Beaujolais region of France
{not far from Lyon}
where my husband grew up
& where his parents still live.

We admired the lovely scenery,
ate lots of yummy stuff,
drank lots of festive things
& celebrated {a teeny bit belatedly} 
my birthday with family lunch on Sunday.

It was a fantastic weekend.
Here are the photos!
Moi avec mes parents near the community centre in Pommiers.
My father-in-law was up in that hot-air balloon on Saturday morning!!!
The view from our bedroom window of Merlin chilling down on the pool deck.
Sunday afternoon with la famille.
Juliette avec the bilingual book my parents gave her as a present.
Hooray for birthday cake! And for not putting the first digit of my age on this one!
My mom la touriste in FQ's hometown.

.
Just one of the lovely houses & beautiful vineyards in my in-law's village.
FQ feeding goats along our walk on Sunday afternoon.
My lovely niece in my parents-in-law's piscine.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

  1. Oh how I love that piscine! Remember our races with the pool 'frites'? :)

    Glad it turned out to be a wonderful weekend, and that you got to extend your birthday a little bit longer.

    Great photo of you and your folks, too!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous looking countryside and it still looks so lovely and warm with you too. That pool looks like just the kind of place I would love to be this evening as we have our late September heatwave here in England.
    Really love these scenes from the weekend posts you and Erin both write - great to get a real peek at what you are two are up to.
    Wishing you a happy last week of September. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. J'adore la région du Beaujolais :) En plus il y a du très bon vin et on y mange tellement bien...

    ReplyDelete
  4. so Goode ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...