Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

E & me {la plage}

 Last week in E & me we got all summery at the sidewalk café.

This week? 
Allons à la plage !


Our beaches are quite similar, n'est-ce pas?
Sand, beautiful blue water, mountains in the background.

I think the main difference can be measured in degrees.

As you can see in Erin's photo,
the Pacific Ocean is lovely. 
Lovely but {as I know from experience} freezing cold.

As for the Lac d'Annecy, it's not exactly warm,
but you know what?

Yesterday it was 35 degrees Celsius here.  
Too.  Darn.  Hot.

After a very long day of teaching 
very sluggish students 
in my very hot classroom,
I couldn't wait to get into that cool clear water.

Which is exactly what I did about 2.5 seconds
after snapping this photo.

5 comments:

  1. 35 degrees really is too darn hot. I remember a few days like that last summer. And I'll never forget flying into Lyon on a hot August evening. The pilot announced that it was 38 degrees celsius! Whew, that's hot.

    Right now I'd be really happy with something around the 25-28 degree mark. And a nice long stretch of sunshine would make me happy too!

    Thanks for listening to me vent today. I promise to be more cheerful and less stressed out next phone date. I will be enjoying les vacances, after all...

    Love you and hope you have another chance very soon to dip your toes in that gorgeous lake!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celsius? oh man.... I can't even convert that off the top of my head. What a shame America! I love this series (I follow on Erin's blog). :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousJune 30, 2011

    your pictures are beautiful! I feel like reading your blog is giving me a refresher course in French :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Alli! Thanks for stopping by. According to the smart folks at google, 35 C = 95 F. Ooof.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonjour elohorn! Merci for the compliment! I've just had a wander around your clever blog. Nice stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...