Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Monday, March 21, 2011

Les Scènes du Week-end {1}

Tsk tsk.

In an attempt to give mon blog a little kick-start,
I've decided to take a page from the book
of a fun new blogger I've recently discovered,
Kayla at Exquisite Banana.
{With a name like that, you know her blog has got to rock, n'est-ce pas?}

Early each week, Kayla features "Scenes from the Weekend",
where she posts photos from her Saturday/Sunday wanderings.

Since we usually get up to fun things around here on le week-end
{& because I almost always have my camera handy},
I thought I'd do the same.

This past weekend seems like a good place to start.
My parents-in-law were in town visiting,
the weather was fairly cooperative
& there was a lot going on in Annecy.

On y va ?

A quick trip to the market on Saturday morning =
 lettuce, radishes, cheese for raclette that night, organic bananes...
& tulips!

Saturday afternoon, we drove to Geneva.
{It's only 30 minutes from Annecy by car!}
That yellow thingy shows the border between France & Switzerland.

It was a bit gusty & rainy in Geneva,
so we wandered around & looked in all the fancy shops.
I like this photo because it looks like a still from a movie
{don't you think?}

Men playing chess in the park in Geneva.

Me & a teeny tiny Fiat {love!} in Geneva.

Sunday morning meant a wander down by the lake in Annecy.
Can you see the people out rowing?

In the shopping bag?
Oranges to make fresh-squeezed OJ to have with brunch.

Delicious Sunday brunch at home.

Our after-brunch stroll took us past a protest against nuclear power.
The sign says "no action today, radioactive tomorrow".

These lovely ladies were part of the Venetian carnival 
taking placce in Annecy this weekend.
{Don't worry... more photos of that soon!}

Et voilà !  
I've decided to limit myself to ten photos per weekend
which is probably a good thing, given my snap-happy tendencies.

Speaking of, I still have loads of photos of my Back in B.C. visit 
last month that I'd like to post.
I'll be back tomorrow with another 

3 comments:

  1. When you get your license, you should totally get a little car like that! It's adorable. And oh-so-European!

    I love the scenes from your weekend. The market, the brunch, the Venetian costumes, the international travel...

    Can't wait for another BC post!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must have had a good week end. I love the photo of the carnival women as well as the album from carnival. I think I'd better go eat lunch now. Your photo of brunch is making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, I am flattered! I love your weekend snaps. I should probably take note from you and set myself a limit as well. This weekend alone, I took over 60 photos! Alas, many were variations of the same thing, but still...sheesh.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...