Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Praz de Lys: Le chalet

Well, I'm feeling a bit more human today.
I won't tell a lie:
dragging myself out of bed
to teach class starting at 8:45 a.m.
was no fun. 
Ugh.

But I did it.
And then I came home, lounged on the couch,
drank tea & was generally unproductive all afternoon. 

Well, I did sort through some more photos
from our weekend at the ski resort earlier this month.
That's productive, right?

We stayed at a brand-new chalet that my parents-in-law rented
with some friends of theirs.
Forget the image of a teeny-tiny cozy mountain dwelling.
This place was huge!
There were four bedrooms & two bathrooms, 
a lovely big kitchen,
a nice living-room
& a ping-pong table in le garage.

I'm not a fan of heart-shaped cut-outs
or frilly window treatments, 
but you know what? 
In les Alpes, it seems to work.


my mother-in-law at the window

le balcon

This was la vue from the living room:

And, if you looked out of the kitchen window... the rope tow!
(Who needs TV, anyway?)


So what did we get up to at le chalet?

Well, we had another Galette des Rois.
Juliette found the prize in her piece of cake & got to wear the crown.



She also insisted on wearing her Canada Olympics t-shirt all weekend.
Guess she was going for the sporty look.

 
My little nephew Martin had a bad cold.
(I feel his pain!)
He got lots of cuddles.

 

We had apéro every evening, of course.

 And played some new-fangled version of Dominoes.
 

Juliette took it all very seriously.
Posted by Picasa

Speaking of serious things, when you're staying in un chalet dans les Alpes...


You really must fondue!
And so we did.
Yum.

1 comment:

  1. Wow the perfect Winter retreat - complete with absolutely everything I think I could wish for!

    Glad to hear you a feeling a little more yourself today, hope you feel much better and are able to enjoy your weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...