Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Dear oh dear...

Dear Weather,
Could you please be less fantastically gorgeous?  
I need to do all sorts of lesson-planning for my new job that starts next Monday, 
but you make it nearly impossible to hit the books.  
All I want to do is go for bike rides in the sunshine.  

Dear Lac d'Annecy,
Do you think it would be at all possible for you to be not quite so scenic? 
 If your water wasn't so blue, your ripples were less soothing 
& the mountains surrounding you not so beautiful, 
it would be easier to tear myself away from you 
& go back to the apartment to get some work done.

Dear "International Express" Textbooks,
Please stop looking at me like that.
I'll open you tomorrow.
I promise.

love,
Emily

1 comment:

  1. Dear Emily,
    I love this post. Don't worry about those textbooks. I'm sure they'll be waiting for you to crack them open tomorrow.
    love, Erin xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...