Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

C'est le blizzard aujourd'hui !

we are in the middle of a cold snap here.
Over the next few days,
 the forecast includes highs {ahem} of minus 3 degrees 
& lows that go down down down to minus 20.  Whoa.

{Dear American Readers,
I am talking in Celsius, of course, 
because I'm Canadian AND I live in France.
Thanks so much for stopping by the blog.  
Now I'll let you have a quick look at my photos
I hope it's warmer where you are!
E xoxo}

Tons of snow fell last night!
There were no flakes falling at bedtime,
but I woke up to this:

View from in front of our apartment building, 8:30 a.m.
View looking right from in front of chez nous.
View looking left from in front of chez nous.
Snowy bus stop sign + traffic moving at around 5 km/hour, 8:35 a.m.
{Hey, Yankees!  Head over to that conversion site for km = miles if you like!}
View from the bus stop {taken while shivering...}
View of gorgeous snowy trees near my destination, 9:30 a.m.
Looks like they are covered in cotton balls, non ?

So there you go. 
It was beautiful, but it was also a hectic morning.
Slippery sidewalks + snow falling non-stop + insane traffic jams = oooof!
I jumped on the bus I often use to get to my destination
in 15 minutes max.

Today?  Nearly an hour.
C'est la vie, n'est-ce pas ?  
C'est l'hiver !!!

5 comments:

  1. Yikes! Beautiful but brrrr.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pics are beautiful - Miss the snow...sometimes, but can live without the frezing temps. It's warm here in Florida, 23*C/73*F -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the compliment & the comment, Rose!

      Oh, Florida! My sister-in-law is a flight attendant for Air France & she was in Miami a few days ago. She called me on FaceTime to show me the sunny sky, the palm trees & the swimming pool at the hotel. Needless to say, I was just a teeny bit jealous. Le sigh.

      Delete
  3. Lots of snow my way too! I'm loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sara, I loved your sledding photos. {But that was yesterday... you still loving it? Or are your fingers & toes still not thawed out??! Hmm?}

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...