Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Monday, October 24, 2011

Les Scènes du Week-end {27}

This weekend my belle-mère (mother-in-law) came to visit.

So Saturday & Sunday =
sleeping in
+ swoon-worthy sunset.

Voici les photos...

my belle-mère brought me this lovely orchid
outdoor patio of the restaurant we went to (trop froid to sit outside though!)
pretty decoration at the entrance of the resto
church tower in the centre of Annecy-le-Vieux near the restaurant
lovely alpine décor at the tea-room
moi & my mother-in-law at tea-time
I ordered this fabulous cake of blueberries on a shortbread-type crust

my mother-in-law had Earl Grey tea
& I had the most delicious chocolat chaud ever
after tea-time we took a wee walk along the lake at the beginning of sunset

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, that hot chocolate looks delicious... And the lake is beautiful. Wish I'd been there to share in both.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. me too! wish I was there to enjoy a night under beautiful fairy lights and equally beautiful company... though there might not have been any cake left if i was there ;)

    ps. orchids are my favorite... and yours? perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your lovely message on my blog today. I have been a terrible blogger and been lurking around other people's recently and not commenting - apologies. I love the church - it looks so pretty and that cake looks truly amazing. Sounds like a lovely weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mother-in-law came to visit me this weekend too! :) Although I wish our setting was half as charming as yours! That restaurant is sooooo charming and cozy. And that cake....looks (and I'm sure tasted) like pure heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, that lakeview sunset is spectacular. Hope you have a great week, Em!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...