Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

If only it were that easy...

You know how, when you buy a new wallet, 
it comes with fake credit cards?

Well, FQ treated himself to a new portefeuille recently
& inside, printed on cardboard, was this:


This week, while experiencing the annual exercise in frustration
known as renewing my Carte de Séjour (Resident's Visa),
I couldn't help wishing it was that easy to add French nationality 
to my collection of ID cards.

OK, OK, so the woman in the photo 
is a bit older than me,
surely has a better French accent than I do,
& has bangs & brown eyes.

Otherwise, I could totally pass myself off as her, non?

P.S.  The tomatoes have nothing to do with immigration.  
Just in case you were wondering.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm, maybe. But don't you think Emily Quairel is a way, way nicer name than Corrine Berthier? I do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... maybe you're right. I don't really feel like a Corinne.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...