Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Différence Culturelle: Dogs in Restaurants

Yes, the French really do love their dogs.

And by "love their dogs"
do I mean "bring them to lunch at restaurants"?

Mais oui!

Check out who was hiding out under the white tablecloth
at a neighbouring table during our family lunch last weekend.
FQ & Juliette wanted to say hello...
... but it looked like somebody didn't appreciate us interrupting his meal.

2 comments:

  1. That's just weird. I don't think I'd like having dogs around while trying to enjoy my lunch. Do they ever bark or kick up a fuss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Canadian hubby is always appalled to see dogs in restaurants & stores. I hadn't given the subject much thought before I met him... it's just normal for us I French I guess. We do have a history of not showering and peeing behind curtains in the Versailles castle after all - why not eat with the dogs ? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...