Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Monday, December 06, 2010

The non-commute

Last week, I slogged through snow, 
risked frostbite while waiting around for various modes of public transportation 
& spent far too many hours on trains.

It was exhausting.

This week, my commute is 99.9% less of a hassle.

Posted by Picasa

See that building in the foreground on the left side of the picture?
It houses the language school where I teach.

Oh, it bears mentioning that I took this photo from our balcony 
(about a week ago, when we had a light dusting of snow& not piles of white stuff like now).

Yep, I can see my workplace from my apartment.
My trip to work this morning took me all of 3 minutes.

On foot.

And my new students seem at least 50% less infuriating than my previous group.

Good news all round!

3 comments:

  1. That is some kind of commute...that is ...the BEST kind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good news about the new students and your easy commute. It's great that you don't have to get up so dreadfully early!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is SO much more my kind of commute! Glad to hear that your students are much better too, that will make it so much nicer to work.

    I am wishing for the snow back here because when it was here it was a least a little warmer - now I have woken this morning to -5C temps - this is just crazy!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...