Take one Canadian girl in les Alpes.
Add the ups & downs of living in France.
Cover with melted cheese...
Et voilà !

Friday, October 15, 2010

Duck!

There are a lot of beautiful things to take photos of here in Annecy.  

The gorgeous buildings & canals in the old town, 
the amazingly clear water in the lake, 
the lovely mountains. 

Oh, and the water fowl.

Don't get me wrong... I like ducks as much as the next guy.
I can see how a swan floating along on the Lac d'Annecy makes for a good photo.

In fact, I could easily put an entire blog post together 
featuring all the snapshots I've taken 
of the scenic combination
that is birds + water + mountains.

That being said, I have a feeling my passion (?) for duck-based photography
pales in comparison to this guy, spotted down at the lake not too long ago.

Ready to check out his impressive technique?

Step 1:  Walk out on pier to get as close as possible to duckies.
Step 2:  Crouch down on all fours & stabilize camera against dock.
Step 3:  Look completely ridiculous with your fesses in the air for all to see!
Posted by Picasa

Any questions?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! This fellow is certainly a dedicated photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should've snuck up behind him and given him a little nudge. Then he could have got an awesome underwater shot...

    ReplyDelete
  3. now that could be me... ! my husband used to joke how ridiculous photographers included his wife, look... and the beautiful green water of the Lac d'Annecy reminds me of some fond vacations. thanks !!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...